Monday, August 10, 2009

My first week in the real world

Last week was great! I made it through orientation and finally started meeting people and began my training. I really think I am going to enjoy everyone I work with. It's a great group of people who really want to help me succeed! I have been leaving work everyday smelling like pig because I am training in the livestock barns and well...I couldn't be happier! There is just something about that smell that reminds me of home and it has proven to me that I have found my calling and am where I'm supposed to be...in the hog industry!
I finally finished up my thesis and submitted it to my committee! How exciting and scary at the same time! Less than two weeks to go and I will be finished with my master's degree...say a prayer that nothing goes wrong in the next two weeks!
I got to spend my first weekend in Ottumwa with Michael. We had a great time and were able to get so much accomplished. I still had some things around here that needed done and cleaning to do. He was great help with everything...we make a good team! We were able to mark two more wineries off our list! We hit up Cedar Valley Winery and Crane Winery! Both are very new and still have work to do, but still had good wine!! We also visited the American Gothic House, see pictures below! Ours weren't very good compared to the original. My new friend Jessica who also works for Cargill in Human Resources came with us for the afternoon! Saturday evening we went to a retirement party for a guy from Cargill and I was able to meet lots of people. Sunday Michael and I had a lazy day at Beach Ottumwa. Ottumwa may be small but they have a mini water park with a wave pool, 2 huge water slides and a kiddie pool. We had a GREAT time!

No comments: