Monday, April 13, 2009

On the go!!

This past weekend Michael and I did a lot of traveling. I ran the inaugural Illinois Marathon in Champaign but I only did the half marathon (13.1 miles). It was great and I was able to run with Danae and Krista, two very good friends of mine that I would always run with when I was at the U of I! It was a beautiful day for a long run and we all finished in under 2 hours. I am very proud of all of us! The highlight of the marathon was finishing on the 50 yard line in Memorial Stadium!
On Friday evening when we got in town, Krista had a pasta dinner waiting for all of us and as usual, it was delicious! Thank you so much Krista! After dinner, Michael and I went to Micah's house to relax and spend the night. It had been a while since I have been able to hang out with Micah and it was so great to see her! Thanks Micah for opening your home to us! We got up pretty early to make it to the race on time. After the race, we had some pretty average food. All three of us were a little disappointed with the after race snacks, but we'll forgive them since it was the first marathon. Two aunts of mine, Joyce and Myra, also participated in the run. They both ran on different marathon relay teams! Great job Joyce and Myra, you guys rock! Michael and I then drove down to Grandma Floods for Easter. It was nice to see the family and see so much green grass! It really made me want some of that warm weather here in Iowa.



This is a picture of me finishing...you can barely see me, but I promise I'm there. I have a gray t-shirt on and black gloves.




I hope everyone had a very Happy Easter!

No comments: