Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Harvest!

As I was driving back from Ames yesterday evening, I was reminded of how much I love fall and how much it makes me miss home. Fall is my favorite time of year for so many reasons:
1. I miss hauling corn and beans with dad, wearing his big flannel shirts when it got cold and helping him unload the trucks.
2. I miss the long horseback rides we used to take on Sunday afternoons and then having cooked apples and homemade bread when we got home.
3. I miss raking leaves and jumping in them and seeing who could catch the most leaves while waiting on the bus.
4. I miss sitting around the camp fire.
5. I miss painting pumpkins with mom!
6. I love the smells and beautiful colors that fall brings and it makes me so happy!

I wish that I could get home more during this time, but Iowa is a lot like Illinois and fall is just as beautiful!!

Now about what I've been up to...
Last week I was in Wichita, KS for training. It was great to meet all the other Cargill Associates and I was able to learn a lot about being a manager! Today I sat down and planned out my next several months and before I knew it the rest of the year is filled up for work. I will be filling in for a couple of people over the holidays and I'll have to travel to different locations in order to do the training for this. I can't believe how busy I am going to be and before I know it Christmas will be here!!
This past weekend I headed up to Ames again for another football game. Iowa State played Army and we won! Michael's dad gave us tickets and we had great seats!! We also spent some time out at the lake in Ames, but other than that we didn't do much and it was a really relaxing weekend!

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: